Something Blue by Bluebird
FAQ – How To Book Your Wedding Venue and the Best Questions to Ask
When you’re booking your venue, we always recommend using this form so you can analyze their answers.
Availability & Terms
- What dates are available in the months I’m considering?
- What is the capacity for the space(s)?
- What is the rental fee and what is included with that price? Are any décor items included?
- How many hours does the fee include? Is there any overtime fee?
- How many hours of set up is included?
- What is the payment schedule?
- What is the postponement / cancellation policy?
- When is the last possible date to make changes to our reservation?
- Is there a weather contingency for outdoor space?
- Who is our contact throughout the planning process?
- Are there accommodations on-site for guests? Can we book a room block?
- Are there any restrictions on noise or light?
- Does the venue allow for open flame?
Food & Beverage
- Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of preferred caterers? Do I have the option to use an outside caterer? Is there a kitchen they can use?
- Is there a food & beverage minimum? What is tax & service charge?
- Is a menu tasting included with our booking?
- Can I bring in a cake from an outside baker? Is there a cake-cutting fee?
- What are your beverage packages? Can we bring in our own alcohol?
- Does the venue accommodate a DJ or Live Band?
- What time can vendors start setting up on the day of the wedding?
- Is there a sound system or microphone for any speeches?
- Any restrictions on vendors?
- Do they have a preferred vendor list, or vendor recommendations?
*Please remember, your venue only sees your vendors execute day-of, they don’t know what their planning process is like so take it with a grain of salt, but it’s a great starting place to look for other vendors.
- Are vendors required to provide proof of insurance?
- Do they have a vendor policy that we need to share with our vendors?
- Is there parking on-site and if so, is it complimentary? Where can guests park?
- Is there anything to note about group transportation?
Something Blue Events